Monday, May 17, 2010

It's NOT all about you.

There's really never very much I have to complain about with my job. Every now and then there's a "My legs hurt" or "I need a day off" but other than that, I have a pretty amazing, cushy life at the Villa.

However these waves come in of brides where it's ALL about them. At least in their minds. They reschedule their tours 80 times, they book a tour and don't show up and never call or email. It's this attitude that our lives don't matter and we should just be here whenever they'd like us to be.

Short of asking them on the phone "Hey, are you actually going to show up, or are you going to waste 2 hours of my life on a Sunday afternoon that I could use doing something fun...?" there doesn't seem to be much I can do to prevent it. Which might be the most frustrating part of the whole ordeal.

GR.

2 comments:

  1. That's why we get to call them Bridezillas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly, it's common everywhere. i have meetings where nobody shows up, and then expects me to let them know what happened. how about you show up and find out for yourself?

    ReplyDelete