Saturday, August 22, 2009

Don't pray for adventure if you're not ready for it...


...Actually- you could probably pray for whatever the heck you want to pray for- God knows better and will give you exactly what you need when you need it.

So, I've been applying to hundreds of jobs over the last month and a half. Administrative assistant, program coordinator, marketing jobs and teaching English abroad. The last job I only applied to not really thinking that it would happen, but out of hundreds of applications and cover letters and resumes- I have gotten ONE response... from a job in Spain.

Initially, I was really excited about it. Who wouldn't want to live in Spain? But after being told I will be contacted on Monday for an interview, it became a little bit more real. I haven't spoken much Spanish in 2-3 years, I know very little about Spain and it's culture, and oh yeah! I'VE NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY!!! Well, I've been to Canada, but let's be honest- that doesn't really count.

I prayed for adventure and I am confident that God knows what he's doing... but me on the other hand? Not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment