Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fear


I have a confession:
I'm afraid of pretty much everything.

I'm afraid to get close to people, I'm afraid of adventure, I'm afraid of doing things I'm not good at, I'm afraid of not succeeding. Until now, my fear has held me back and sometimes I've conquered it. But I can't tell you how many times I've had to learn about fear. There are 5 pages alone in this years journal about fear.

So I'm pretty much scared s**tless about going to Spain. Which seems stupid, right? "Hey Molly, you've got nothing going on in your life, so how about you go spend some time in Europe, traveling around and going everywhere you've ever wanted to go. We'll even put some other people in Europe so you can go visit them and make all of your fantasies about traveling come true?" I'm having one of those 'how stupid am I' moments right now in case you couldn't tell.

So what's my deal? I love my family and it's weird to think that I would go from spending every day with them to seeing them 1-2 times in the next year. I really like speaking English and I love knowing that I have Christian friends around. In a country that's 67% catholic- am I going to find any Christians that speak English? Well I just looked down at my Bible and I got my answer to all of my questions.

"For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life." Psalm 56:13

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you know this, but do you know what the most common command in the Bible is? I thought it was love your neighbor as yourself, or love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and might...but those are the greatest, not the most common. Turns out, the most common command God gives to His people is "Fear not." It appears 366 times in the Bible. One for every day of the year including a leap year. "Fear not...it is I...do not be afraid...trust me...I AM that I AM...I AM always with you...I love you." I'm guessing this command is something we should pay attention to, being the most common n' all. I think He wants us to not fear and trust...to not worry or be anxious with your life...But that's just a guess.

    Thought I'd share that with you. Trusting God despite fear is a huge lesson for me right now, so I had to say something because I'm on the same page; I'm afraid of pretty much everything.
    He's been really wanting me to not fear anymore and I've been really okay with that...it lets me feel strong and it lets me grow.

    Oh, and if you go to Spain (God willing) hit up the city of Zaragoza if you get a chance and say "hey" for me will ya?

    ReplyDelete