Monday, December 21, 2009

A Novice

I'm seriously LOVING photography. It makes me happy and I've seriously had to resist taking my camera to bed with me. (When I was younger my mom got me snow boots for Christmas one year. I loved them SOO much, I slept with them on. So when I say I almost slept with them, it doesn't mean in the sexual way, it means in the "I don't want to spend a minute with out them" sort of way.)

I realized that this is so exciting because I know a lot of people who are photo-fluent. They speak the language, they know what it means and how it relates to pictures. Me, on the other hand, I'm a novice! I know so little about this and it's so exciting to be able to learn from others.

Too many times in my life I've had to prove that I'm not in fact an idiot (like today at the doctors- another story for another time.) So I've had to thrive and strive to prove myself which is super not what I'm about as a woman, but it happens. In turn, photography has allowed me to enjoy my photo-ignorance and to embrace not being good at something.

::sigh:: I love photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment