Friday, September 18, 2009

Perseverance


What a tricky little bugger perseverance is.

I love our Lord because he has been so steadfast with me. Last night I dreamt about getting back with Trevor. (Please keep in mind that I don't think dreams really represent what we really think.) I woke up and immediately started praying. Within a few minutes, God had given me relief and I knew that this was just one more day on the journey towards becoming mature and complete.

I'm thankful that God has helped me see more of my path and it's days like today that I'm eternally grateful for that. Having a dream like I had would be even more difficult if I didn't feel I had goals to work towards. But I'm able to wake up and move on and work to glorify God.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-5

In other news, my laptop is severely lacking in perseverance and is currently being consumed by a lovely virus. I've got two jobs up in the air and I'm hoping that one comes through because I walked into the Mac store yesterday. And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment