Monday, October 12, 2009

Volunteering!

I know that God has given me gifts. They're not traditional gifts like speaking in tongues or memorizing scripture, but they're my gifts and I'm grateful for them!

I'm excited because my parents really seem to understand that grad school and Student Affairs is where I feel God is calling me and where I can use my gift. And now that they understand that, they also understand the value that volunteering for the next couple of months has for my path.

A lot of opportunities have opened up and they don't sound like they're just going to be a typical volunteer experience. Working with refugees from Africa, a volunteer probation officer, and helping adult learners with literacy. They all sound like there is opportunity to learn from others lives and experiences to expand my own limited view of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment