Friday, March 12, 2010

A Double Whammy

I've spent a lot of time in my past year learning about a few main things:
1. The differences between men and women
2. What it means to be a woman of God
3. The differences between happiness and JOY.

In my blog posts about the differences between happiness and JOY, I guess I never really concluded that happiness was a pretty sweet deal, too.

A few nights ago, I felt like a giddy high school girl again after another great phone chat with the Mr. Man. Later on, I had to remind myself that it was happiness, not JOY. But as I laid in bed talking to myself, a nightly occurrence for crazy people like me, I found myself asking what was so bad about happiness, especially when it accompanies your JOY?

Of course, I still maintain the reasoning that JOY is the ultimate goal and that the only way to reach and keep JOY in your life is to have a consistent and meaningful relationship with God. I think JOY is something you work towards everyday, but happiness is situational. Happiness is something that happens to you.

But how blessed are those of us that don't just have JOY in every day life, especially during the trivial tasks of the day, but we have happiness as well?

That my friends is a double whammy. A pretty awesome one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment