Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stressed and Blessed

In my last year or so of my walk with God, I've learned a lot of really great lessons. One of the most useful things I've learned is discretion. Proverbs 2:11 "Discretion will protect you and understanding will guard you."

I can say some of the best decisions I've ever made were to simply shut my trap and listen. Except now, I work for a married couple. And there's only three of us. Sometimes I feel a big urge to speak up about certain issues, but again, I'm just going to go ahead and shut up. I really would appreciate if God would show me the moments when I'm supposed to speak up and the moments when I should shut the yapper.

So while this brings some stress into my life, I really can't complain because there are so many other great areas that God uses to continually bless me. I am SO excited that some photographers have taken me under their wing and want to help me develop something I enjoy. Ms. Cassie Rosch and I will even get an opportunity to shoot a wedding together in September!! She's already done a lot to teach me what she knows about photography and I can't tell you the joy it brings me to know that we have a hobby that we can learn about and grow together in. Even if she's already a few steps ahead of me.

My family continues to be my biggest support and some days I can think of nothing better than sitting on the couch and making fun of the people on American Idol. "A little pitchy, dawg!" They put up with my venting after long days at the Villa, which I know isn't always easy. They can always get even by teasing me about texting Mr. Man while we hang out. (72 hours in case you lost count until his visit.)
I was even lucky enough to be the one who got to call our Marry the Military couple. I have never experience a phone call with so much humility and gratitude and I feel so honored that we get to serve them and I absolutely can't wait to meet them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment