Saturday, February 20, 2010

WTF is Dreamweaver?

Here's the situation with Villa Parker's website. It's currently on website number 2 and it's still nothing but trouble and headache. We can't update it, we can't change the pictures, and we wouldn't even know where to start if we could. For a wedding website, there are some nice features to it, but over all, it's jut not functional.

Pretty much what this means is that Molly gets to learn how to and then subsequently gets to build a website.

Initially the whole process was kind of a "WTF?!" moment, but as I sit here with a 30-day free trial of Dreamweaver, it's kind of nice to have a project to work on. Since I'm not going to grad school, I really find myself missing homework and being able to sit in Starbucks at night and work away. And I keep thinking about how amazing it will feel to have website designing/building on my list of achievements. So, after my last tour today, I'll be scooting my butt over to a bookstore to find a book hopefully titled "WTF is Dreamweaver?!" or I guess I'd settle for "Dreamweaver for Dummies."

However, in this situation, I think "Dummies" is a VAST understatement...

1 comment:

  1. How about the Complete Idiot's Guide?

    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Macromedia-Dreamweaver/dp/0028643305

    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do a great job!

    ReplyDelete