Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Number's Don't Lie

WELL According to the company that provides people with credit cards for purchasing things at Apple, I'm approved for a purchase up to a whopping... ready for this? $240!!!!

(Please note my sarcasm.)

Now, based on their application and they questions they asked (how much do you make, do you own or rent, what do you do etc...) I understand why they didn't tack on the extra zero that I'd like, my outstanding salary (before commissions) is definitely nothing to write home about. But what this little card didn't take into a account is that A. I in fact live at home and don't pay rent and B. I've already saved up the money to pay off my new laptop and am just using their silly little credit card to build up some credit.

Now, I know this isn't anything to get worked up about, but I'm going to. It's my blog, deal with it. As that ADHD/dyslexic kid I already feel like I have to defend myself from being described as a number that doesn't adequately represent me. When did our world become a world that would rather describe someone in a series of random numbers, rather than actually looking to us as people.

With that being said, I'm done ranting.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment